12 October 2012

Redundancy

I was just telling a Canadian friend how it wasn't so bad to live in this country, and how fine my company was..
Well, may have to revise my judgement.

A colleague working 5 metres away from me, a PA, a lovely, diligent, hard-working lady in her early 50s was told on Wednesday this week that she was going to be made redundant. With effect this week, on Friday evening, precisely. Today. Of course she will have some redundancy money. But 3 days??
And why her?
Not enough money to pay her I heard. But why giving a promotion and more money to one of her colleagues in the same unit? Why spend all this money in posh consultancy agencies, throughout the business??

And watching her doing her few last hours, with her boss and colleagues talking to her as if everything was normal?... No word higher than the other, no scandal, no cries..
The English way I suppose.

It's like that here, not uncommon said the other half...

Not sure I want to spend that long HERE anymore now..

And don't mention loyalty to your organisation anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment